The Nera Museum in Bergen.
During the last 15 years, a group of retired Nera-people have been collecting old Nera Radio Link Equipment produced during the period early 1950 to around 2000.
It all started when the previous engineer Roald Larsen retired in 1994, and with his genuine interest in old equipment he persuaded the NERA management to open up for a museum, and started collecting phased-out equipment from some of our customers.
The collected equipment was placed in three old barracks on NERA’s parking lot, and a process for cataloguizing the material was started.
After some years work, we were given better exhibition localities located in the old F16 production room in Bergen, where we today can show some of the links produced in the period 1950 to 2000.
Today, 5 retired Nera-people are busy every Tuesday working in the Nera Museum. In addition to keeping the exhibition ship shape, we are busy with registration of all equipment in a museum database, and hope to have the first 50 products ready to present on the Internet within some months.
The first link produced by Nera around 1950, called Link 751, have not been available for us, but description of the first installation and picture of the equipment are presented in the exhibition.
The Museum group will continue to add some information of the oldest equipment in the museum, and present both pictures, descriptions and other information that may be of interest for the visitors.
Nera Museum, May 25, 2008